Change is the Only Constant in LIFE, but its very much important to know the changes happening around you, always keep one eye on all....
In NGX mail alerts for policy pushes are now configured thorough SmartView Monitor. The steps are as followed.
1. In Smart Dash Board verify the mail alter script is setup.
1. Select Global Properties > Log and Alert > Alert Commands.
2. Check "Run mail alert script"
3. Enter into script field:
internal_sendmail -s alert -t 10.11.12.112 -f email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Open up SmartView Monitor3. In the SmartView select File > New > Gateways View. The Dialog window appears for Gateways Properties
4. In the "Select Available Fields from" drop down menu select "Firewall".
5. Under the "Available fields" add Security Policy and Security Policy Installation.
6. Click OK.
7. Now you will see a new Custom view on the right side for SmartView Monitor. You can re-name it what you would like.
8. Now you need to set a threshold. In the Custom branch of the tree view on the left hand side right click on you new Custom setting and select run.
9. Select the gateway for which you would like create an alert for.
10. Right-click and select "Configure Thresholds".
11. In the new Dialog window you can select "Custom" for this gateway or "Use global Settings" for all gateways.
12. At the bottom of the Dialog window check the "Enabled" for FireWall-1 Policy, Firewall-1 install time, and Firewall-1 Policy name.
13. Under the action for all the above select change it from "alert" to "mail"
14. Click OK
15. Click the save button to save your changes
16. Verify that the System Alert daemon is started by going to Tools > Start System Alert Daemon in the SmartView Monitor window.
17. Under Smart Dash Board install policy to the firewall
18. Under Policy install Database to the Management module.
Smart View monitor alerts should now be working.:)